Sky Blue Medical Group operate two Medical Centres in Coventry - Green Lane Medical Centre & Harnall Lane Medical Centre, both providing family doctor services. Our friendly and professional staff are ready to serve your healthcare needs and answer any questions you may have about our services.
At Sky Blue Medical Group, our goal is to provide you with courteous, expedient, professional medical & nursing care of high quality. As Coventry GPs, we are always aiming to improve and provide the service you want at the right time and the right place.
The practice is an old established practice. The medical practice now based at Harnall Lane East was originally in Cox Street and has connections with old Coventry, going back to the 1880s. Joseph O’Dell, a well known benefactor in Coventry in the 1880s, set up an Elastic Webbing Weaving Factory in Cox Street and it is believed he also built a house called the Elms on the site. The house was subsequently owned by his widow Mary O’Dell. George Singer of the Singer Cycle Works lived in the house 1886-91, when his partner Charles J Stringer moved in 1891-94. The house then changed hands.
The original house was bombed during the second World War when the practice moved to another house in Cox Street until the house was compulsorily purchased in the 1960s for the development of Sidney Stringer School. The practice was then located in Michel House, Bath Street.
The partners moved into Kenpas Highway as a branch surgery in 1931 and practised from Bath Street and Kenpas Highway until moving into purpose-built premises at Green Lane Medical Centre in 1991 and Harnall Lane Medical Centre in 1994.
Sky Blue Medical Group is an NHS Primary Care Group of Medical Practices in Coventry with 11 General Practitioners and a team of other health professionals providing care to local residents.
We hope that you will find this website a useful source of information and advice about the services we offer our patients and the team that provides them.
A Website provides a 21st-century tool for improving patient communication and services. We aim for this website to offer genuine health and efficiency gains, and to be fun and interactive for our patients.
The attached map shows our Practice Boundary and the area in which patients have to live to be accepted as a patient.
Practice Boundary map
What we will do for you
- We are always committed to providing the best possible service.
- We will always offer the treatment and advice we believe is best.
- We will arrange a home visit if you are too ill to attend the Surgery.
- We make every effort to see you promptly.
- We will inform you how to get the results of tests and X-rays.
- We will try to deal at once with any problems or complaints.
- A doctor is on call between 8am-6.30pm for emergencies.
- You have the right to see your health records.
What you can do for us
Please treat staff with courtesy and respect. The practice operates the NHS Zero Tolerance policy. Therefore any patient treating the staff inappropriately will be given warning and possibly removed from the practice.
- Please phone for results after 11am.
- If possible, please phone before 11.00am if you need a home visit.
- Please tell us if you cannot keep your appointment.
- Ask if you are unclear about your treatment.
- Most delays are usually due to emergencies – please be patient.
- Many illnesses can be prevented through healthy living.